So you've got your facial cleanser, sunscreen, moisturiser and exfoliant all figured out, but do you really think that’s it?! Nope, there is still one product that is a powerful source of hydration and moisture for your facial care that is generally overlooked: the facial serum.
What exactly is a serum?
So, what is a serum, exactly? It's a concentrated form of active ingredients that targets specific skincare issues. The ingredients are potent and composed of smaller molecules. Because moisturizing creams and hydration oils are heavier they sit on your face, sometimes clogging your pores and causing your skin to break out. The level of active substances is higher in a serum than in a typical face cream, making it the perfect lightweight solution for your skincare.
Benefits of Hydrating Face Serums
While serums undoubtedly have amazing benefits for your skin, they also have obvious benefits and advantages.
1) The collagen and vitamin C content in your skin will dramatically improve the feel of your skin, making it firmer and smoother. This leads to that “plump” look in your face, making you look younger and your face appear less dull.
2) Less spots, scars, pimples, and other blemishes will appear as they fade with regular application of a serum, particularly one containing plant concentrates. This avoids the need for harsh chemicals. Instead opt for the natural benefits of a face serum!
3) The size of pores will shrink, resulting in fewer blackheads and whiteheads.
4) Serums can help with dryness, dark circles, and fine lines by reducing dryness, dark circles, and fine wrinkles. They provide you an energy boost directly, leading to brighter eyes and less eye wrinkles.
5) When serums are used your inflammation, redness, and dryness are reduced, making the skin appear dewy, fresh, and moisturised. Giving it that glassy look many people pay hundreds to get by an esthetician.
Ingredients typically Used in a GOOD Face Serum
Serums contain a wide spectrum of ingredients, from common to exotic and depending on your skin goals, you’ll have to decide which one is best for you and your skin!
- Vitamin C is an antioxidant.
It's a typical anti-aging component, so if you're in your late 30s or 40s, look for a serum that contains it. This powerful ingredient not only enhances skin immunity but also builds collagen, thus it should be included in your skincare routine on a regular basis.
- Hyaluronic acids are the anti aging solution for people in their early 20s. Without the heaviness of creams and oils, it is an excellent approach to heal dry skin. It’s best to use while your face is damp as it locks in moisture and builds up natural hydration in your skin, ensuring that it doesn't lose any moisture and is refreshed. Ceramides and amino acids have similar effects and advantages.
- Antioxidants are necessary for the skin's protection against skinstress and environmental damage. Beta-carotene and green tea extracts should be avoided, while berries, pomegranate, and grape seed extract are the perfect active substances for your skin.
- Retinols are serum elements that are good for acne-prone skin as well as fine lines and wrinkles. Retinols shouldn’t be used everyday, but work amazing when used 3 times a week. The less the better!
- Plant-based active components, like licorice, are natural brightening substances that are ideal for treating sunspots, scars, and uneven skin tones.
Use an anti-inflammatory serum if you have sensitive skin to avoid redness, breakouts, and irritation. Zinc, arnica, and aloe vera are the substances you should be on the lookout for!
Belle Nubian offers a wide range of Skin Care products like Hyaluronic Face Serum and Anti Acne Serum.